The engine in your Subaru vehicle requires both fuel and oxygen to produce power. The factory air intake – also known as an air induction system – is the best way to feed the engine's combustion chamber that air it needs.
How an Air Intake Works
Air travels through an engine air filter, which removes any pollutants. An airflow sensor in the throttle body helps the engine control the amount of air used. An air metering system provides feedback to any engine control unit (ECU). Oxygen sensors measure exhaust air levels, helping to ensure that the engine is running on an optimized air-to-fuel mixture. Some systems add a cold air intake to draw in colder, denser air to increase power output.
How to Identify Air Intake Issues
Here are some indications of a failing air intake system:
- The engine idles at a higher than usual level
- Your engine performance suffers
- The "Check Engine" light comes on
Whether you're repairing your air intake or looking to upgrade to gain a power output boost, take a look at the options offered in our online auto parts inventory. We've got the best parts for your vehicle, because we only stock the genuine Subaru components that are guaranteed to work. Order now to save time and money!
No results found for "oxygen sensor, air filter, cold air intake, induction". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!